Monday, December 04, 2006

Seminars and Support

Sorry about the lack of updates...the past few weeks have been very busy with Ring Figure, Thanksgiving, and then finishing up classes. I still have another week of classes, but I'm mostly done with what I have to do, so praise God for that!

Two very nice things happened last week. Firstly, I went over my support money goal, so I have everything I need to attend Passion and Urbana! It's very cool seeing how God provides when you open yourself up to it. I highly encourage it. :)

Secondly, the seminars were posted on the Urbana website. This probably went un-noticed by a large part of the attending population, but I have been waiting in anticipation for them since about June. Yeah.

The way Urbana works is that there are general sessions twice a day (morning and evening), group Bible study and prayer in the morning and at night, and then in the afternoon there are two seminar periods every day except for the second to last day. So, you can attend a total of 6 seminars. Also during seminar time, there is a prayer room, a worship room, and a missions agency fair, every day.

There are seminars for almost anything you can think of. The ones I am most excited about focus on worship, careers (public school teaching and journalism), campus ministry, and evangelism. Check out the seminars here.

Prayer Requests:
  • health...physical, mental, emotional, spiritual
  • my exams and final projects
  • safe travels for my friends and family
  • guidance and discernment as I prepare to attend Urbana and Passion in just 23 days!

No comments: