Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Ready to go!

My bags are (mostly) packed, my cell phone, camera, and iPod are charging, I've printed out my itinerary and a map, and my plane leaves in almost exactly twelve hours...I'd say I'm pretty set to go. And because of all the prayer support I've received from friends and family and being able and encouraged to commune with God in this time before leaving, I can say that my heart is ready to go as well and ready to learn.

I will be at Urbana from Dec 27-31 and Passion from January 1-4. My schedule will be something like this:

Urbana
Morning: Ephesians Bible study in a small group, a morning Bible teaching
Lunch
Afternoon: 2 seminars, except on Dec 30 there will be community prayer time
Dinner (provided by Urbana)
Evening: General session, community prayer time

I am most interested in the seminars that have to do with evangelism, campus ministry, and balancing faith and the workplace...specifically, journalism and public school teaching. I am also interested in several seminars that have to do with using the gifts of music and writing for God.

Passion
Morning: Worship and a general session
Lunch (provided by Passion)
Afternoon: Breakout sessions (small group, service projects, possible seminars)
Dinner/Break
Evening: General session, late evening worship

Speakers at Passion will include Beth Moore, John Piper, and Louie Giglio. David Crowder, Matt Redman, Charlie Hall, and Chris Tomlin will also be there.

I will be getting to Urbana and home from Passion via plane, and I am driving from St. Louis to Atlanta with several friends in a rented car the night of New Years. Specific prayer requests follow...
  • health!!!
  • safety, especially in transit
  • that my heart and mind would remain open to what God wants to teach through the speakers, Bible studies, worship, seminars, small group time, and prayer time
  • speakers, prayer ministry, worship ministry, volunteers
  • that I would be able to maintain a feeling of rest and be able to start up with school again after Urbana/Passion and still feel like I got adequate resting time
  • for the other friends I know going to these events: Mason, Chrystalain, Lisa, Jenni, Samantha

Thanks again for your support in these past months. I can't wait for tomorrow! I will do my best to update this blog while I am there, but if they don't have computers, I won't be able to. Let's hope that they do! If not, you'll hear from me for sure after January 4.

No comments: